Membership Exploration Class
January 15 - 29, 11:15 am - 12:00 pm | First Presbyterian Church Room 106 & Zoom
Are you looking for a place to belong?
Are you seeking a church to grow in?
Want to know more about First Presbyterian Church?
Join us Sundays (IN PERSON in room 106 OR ON ZOOM), January 15, 22 and 29 at 11:15 am following worship for an opportunity to learn learn more about us, our beliefs, our values and what it means to live your faith in community. At the end of the three-week class, those who wish will have the opportunity to formally join First Presbyterian Church.
Not interested in formally joining, but still want to learn? Come anyway! This is an exploration class – no commitment is necessary or required.
Already a member and want to be part of the class? Come also! We have rich conversations about faith, spirituality, and community. Everyone is welcome!
- What brought you to First Presbyterian Church?
- Our history, who we are, what we believe
- What does it mean to be a member of First Presbyterian Church?
- What does it mean to be Presbyterian (PCUSA)?
- What does that look like at First Presbyterian Church?
- Grace – Growth – Community – Generosity (in other words, how do we live our faith)
- Our spiritual lives – where are you, what are you seeking, and what are your growth areas?
- Membership Questions – what they mean
- Ways to be involved
Those who wish to formally join will be welcomed in worship on Sunday, February 5.
(That is also the date of our annual meeting after worship with lunch, which means you’ll able to vote!)
Need to join by zoom? Please fill out the form below to be emailed the zoom link.