The needs are great all over the region after the flooding. Some communities are still under water, others are now in the clean-up phase, which will last a long time. Our church is “adopting” North Bend for the focus of our flood relief efforts.
There are several ways you can help:
- You can make a monetary donation:
- Make your check out to First Presbyterian Church and put memo “North Bend Flood.” Those funds will stay with our church for use specifically in the North Bend area.
- Make your check out to First Presbyterian Church and put in the memo “Nebraska Flood.” Those funds will go to Homestead Presbytery for a fund designated for Nebraska Flooding.
- You can give online or find instructions to give by text at http://fpclincoln.org/donate/
- You can volunteer.
- Our presbytery has two volunteer coordinators who are working with Presbyterian Disaster Assistance and will keep us appraised when the infrastructure is set up for volunteers. We’ll let you know when that is set up.
- You can exercise a ministry of presence, joining in prayer and community.
Our neighbors in flood affected areas are tired, and could use some encouragement. How about taking a Sunday to visit them in worship? Let them know by your presence that they are not forgotten!
- Please keep the congregation and community in your prayer.