n the early church, followers of Jesus gathered together for worship, for study, for fellowship, for support, and yes, for food too! In our Ministry and Fellowship pages you will find are everything from:
- Education Programs for Children, Youth and Adults
- Youth Group activities
- Study Groups that meet at various times during the week
- Fellowship Events, including Supper Clubs, a weekly Fellowship meal at the church, and trips
- Presbyterian Women events and activities
Some of our best fellowship happens when we work side by side. There are many ways to make a difference in our world by being involved in the life, ministry and mission of First Presbyterian. Opportunities include everything from helping with Sunday School, to volunteering with the Food Bank of Lincoln BackPack Program at McPhee Elementary School, to raising funds for mission trips to Nicaragua, to working to address social justice issues in our own community, and even hands on maintenance of our historic building. Check out our Volunteer Opportunities page!
Summer Adventures with Flat Jesus!
Are you headed somewhere fun this summer? Are you going to some interesting places for a week or just a day? Don’t forget to take Jesus with you! Let’s help stay connected with the church family through the summer with our “Flat Jesus Photo Contest”. Flat Jesus is a colorful cut out of Jesus that can easily be tucked away on your summer travels. When you get somewhere interesting or just want to share what your doing, take a picture of where ever you are with Flat Jesus in the foreground. This isn’t just for kids but for the young at heart, too! Here is how to join in the fun.
- Pick up a laminated flat Jesus in the Welcome Center or Church Office. You can also create your own Flat Jesus by downloading the image here
- Take your Flat Jesus everywhere you go and take lots of pictures
- Place a reminder on the back about how to post the pictures www.facebook.com/fpclincoln or #FPCflatJesus and post your picutres or email them to Kris Brammer email@example.com
- Have fun and remember, Jesus is with you always!