First Presbyterian Church is a living ministry of the Risen Christ in the heart of Lincoln, Nebraska.
To worship and praise God, to celebrate and share our faith, to nurture and unify the congregation as a community of Christian believers, to offer the fellowship of a church “home” and to reach out to others with the love of Christ.
- We praise God through worship.
- We strengthen faith through study.
- We live our beliefs through mission.
- We nurture a diverse community.
We are a member of the Covenant Network of Presbyterians:
The Covenant Network of Presbyterians is a broad-based, national group of clergy and lay leaders working for a church that is simultaneously faithful, just, and whole. The Covenant Network seeks to
- support the mission and unity of the Presbyterian Church (USA);
- articulate and act on the church’s historic, progressive vision;
- work for a fully inclusive church;
- find ways to live out the graciously hospitable gospel by living together with all our fellow members in the PC(USA).
At First Presbyterian Church we live out that fully inclusive church, welcoming all into membership and leadership, regardless of any label one may embrace, including labels of race, ethnicity, gender, or sexual orientation.
Visit the following links to learn more about associations that First Presbyterian Church is closely associated with: