The Sixth Annual Community Interfaith Thanksgiving Service will be held Sunday, November 19, 3:00 p.m., at First Presbyterian Church, 840 S. 17th St., Lincoln.
This service of gratitude is open to everyone, and all faiths are welcome and encouraged to attend. In a world that serves up daily reminders of what divides us, this service brings together people of all faiths, and reminds us of what binds us together in our shared expressions of gratitude and thanksgiving.
Clergy from many different faiths will participate, with this year’s featured speaker being Rabbi Teri Appleby, of South Street Temple in Lincoln. An interfaith choir will also participate in the service. Anyone wishing to sing should contact Brian Pfoltner at First Presbyterian Church (402-477-6037, or email@example.com). The choir will meet at 2:00 p.m. to rehearse a few easy pieces for the service.
Following the service, a reception featuring desserts from different cultures will be featured, allowing people of all faiths the opportunity to get to know one another.
For more information on the service, contact Brian Pfoltner at First Presbyterian Church,
402-477-6037 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- East Parking Lot – enter from the West side of 18th St., between F & G
- North Parking Lot – enter from the North side of G St., between 17th & 18th
- West Parking Lot – enter from the West side of 17th St., between F & G (The alley accessing the lot is directly across the street from the church office entrance)
On-street parking is also available around the church.
Available Off-Street Parking within 2 Blocks of the Church:
- State Parking Lot – enter from the West side of 17th St., between G & H, next to the Kennard House
- McPhee Staff Parking Lot – on the South side of McPhee Elementary School, enter from Goodhue Blvd. or 18th St, just North of F St.